Learn how to start a home based business earning $100,000 or more
How to Start a Home Based Business
package to start earning a
Six Figure Income.
My name is WL Laney.
Would you invest $25,000 for a home-based business that earns $117,000.00 the first year?
The people in this illustration spent years of time and thousands of dollars to join the $100,000 plus income club. Still, it is a job which is subject to lay-offs, outsourcing and downsizing.
The Small Business Association states: 30% fail in the first two years, 50% in the first five years and 66% in the first ten years.
In the early 1980’s I owned a business brokerage helping buyers and sellers of small businesses. Many of my buyer clients asked about starting a business versus buying an existing business. My answer was always the same.
Analyze the risk:1. Existing business is already a proven success – just don’t make a bunch of changes to screw it up until you have the time to understand why the business is successful today.
2. A franchise provides a proven track to run on. In those days, the franchisers were claiming a 90 to 95% success rate. (Today’s statistics show that is not true.
One study of 20,500 small businesses conducted by Timothy Bates, professor emeritus at Wayne State University found 65.3% of franchises survived after four years, compared to 72% of independent businesses)
I spoke with a gentleman this week who spent a total of $171,000 to become a franchisee in the beauty industry. Sadly by the end of five years he had only built his profit to match what his receptionist earned per year. People generally purchase a franchise because of it’s proven record of profitability. The Franchisor knows how to operate the business.
In exchange, you the franchisee, agree to pay an upfront license or franchise fee. You also agree to pay a percentage of your gross in royalties or a flat fee for the privilege of using the franchisor’s name and system. A rule of thumb for franchise buyers is, “don’t plan on making any money the first year!
“The gentleman I spoke with told me that by the end of the fifth year, he was making the same as the receptionist. Can you believe it? Invest $171,000, work five years and get it up to profit equal to the receptionist’s paycheck!
Let me repeat my question – Are you willing to invest $25,000 starting a
home-based business if you can earn $117,000 the first year?
First, consider the advantages of a home-based business:
1. Minimum overhead. There is no commitment to a lease on additional space – by definition, you are working from your home. That means no additional utilities, janitorial services, minimal increased insurance costs and no real risk. You need a place to live anyway.
2. Employees are optional – If you do hire employees, they can work from their home as well.
3. There is no fighting rush-hour traffic. There is no commute. (my commute is two sets of stairs to get to the lower level of my home.
The business package I am recommending has several unique factors that make your success possible.
1. A needy industry. Ruth Stafford Peal, wife of the Reverend Norman Vincent Peal said, “Find a need and fill it.” The professional beauty industry is, according to Statista.com, an $84 billion-dollar industry. Roughly 1,000,000 hair stylists and barbers are using scissors to cut their customer’s hair. Here is the need – scissors get dull with use and need to be repaired (sharpened) or replaced. The typical haircutter purchases one new pair of scissors each year. A good quality pair of hair cutting scissors should be sharpened every 90 days. A poor quality in a busy salon is likely to need sharpening every month.
2. We have a competitive advantage. I hold a patent on the only sharpening machine in the world that will return haircutting scissors to factory specifications in the sharpening process. Talk to any professional hair stylist or barber and you will hear horror stories about sharpeners who have damaged and or ruined the scissors they were hired to sharpen. If you talk to our competitors, you will learn we are the one they all hate because they cannot match our precision.
Your advantage when you purchase our business package is the ability to restore dull scissors and to sell quality shears at an affordable price.
- Our unique factor. Our unique factor is found in our patented sharpening system, our premium quality proprietary shears and our complete business package.
- I am not aware of any other scissor sharpening company that comes even close to the benefits and services we provide.
This is one of the reasons I must emphasize that we are not a franchise. You get the typical advantages of a franchise without the up-front cost or ongoing advertising and royalty fees.
- Large Market to work.
Most people have never heard of this very lucrative segment of the beauty industry. Remember the last time you drove around town; how many beauty salons and barber shops did you see? If your town is like the rest of the country, you saw one on every corner and sometimes two or more in a single shopping center. Nationally, there are about two hundred and fifty thousand beauty salons here in the United States. In the cities, each salon will have an average of five stylists each. In the rural areas, the average is lower due to the number of one-person salons. The exciting part is the fact that on average stylists purchase a new pair of hair cutting scissors every year. If you consider one sale at the low end of scissor costs of $175.00 per pair the market for new scissors is around 175 million dollars annually. If you use our average sales price of $550.00, the market is over a half billion dollars annually. You will be working with the individual stylist or barber in your chosen market area.
The Only Scissor Sharpening Machine to Return Hair Cutting Scissors to Factory New Specs
Reserve Your Training Class Today
Call Now - 303-217-8660
Get Your Lucrative Home Based Business Started
Here is how the system works.
- Get your foot in the door offering sharpening and or restoration services for the hair cutters dull scissors.
Nearly everyone you find in the salon or barber shop needs your service today! The two determining factors are use, and quality of steel in the scissors. A good quality pair of scissors will need sharpening every 90 days in a busy salon or barbershop. A low-quality pair of scissors (in the $100 to $200) price range will need sharpening every month in a busy shop. Some haircutters who do not understand two very important things about their scissors may go a full year or even more between sharpening.
- They are unaware of the fact that dull scissors will break the hair causing split ends for their customer.
b.They are not aware of the cost in additional time spent on each haircut. How Do You Make Money? Just drive down the street and walk into the salon or barbershop. There is no need for an appointment. Work during open hours and there is no need for marketing. The stylists and barbers are accustomed to people coming into their place of business offering them sharpening services. Your only challenge when you first begin is to tell the prospect your story. Because you have purchased our patented sharpening machine, they never have to worry about damaged or ruined scissors again. As the word about your quality service spreads you will be welcomed into the salons and barbershops in your market area. Second, sell our premium quality proprietary brand of haircutting scissors. The easiest way to sell shears is to put them in the prospects hands. Included in your purchase is a thirty shear inventory of our best selling Musashi Shears. Let your customer cut with one of your scissors while you sharpen theirs. The stylist or barber will experience the difference a quality tool makes as they cut hair with your demo scissors. Our shears are priced about $100 less than comparable quality in other brands, and we offer an interest-free payment option to help the stylist/barber afford a quality pair of scissors.
How to Earn $117,000 Annually
- Sharpen ten pairs of scissors daily – $35.00 each equals $350.00 dollars – Times twenty days per month – times twelve months comes to $84,000 annually.
(After our intensive week of training, you will be able to sharpen a pair of scissors in roughly twenty minutes. Ten pair will take approximately three and a half hours – leaving time to drive from salon to salon, set up and talk to your customer about the premium quality Musashi Shear.
- Selling ten pairs per month will provide approximately $33,000 in commission for the year , that coupled with your sharpening fees of $84,000 makes a total of $117,000.00 which is all yours to spend as you like.
We do not charge you a royalty like the typical franchise. What is Included in Your Business Package? We provide:
- Our patented Diamond Rose Sharpening machine
- A premium accessories package with all the hand tools, honing stones and other sharpening supplies necessary to get your business started.
- An intensive week of training at our training center (You will receive a professionally written textbook, a training workbook for class usage and training videos for future reference.)
- A starter marketing package for use promoting your business
- An inventory of Musashi Shears _ thirty of our proprietary premium quality scissors with a retail value of approximately $17,000.00
When you come to our intensive week of training, we will give you our “secrets to success.” We will give you all the things you would expect from a franchise:
- Trade secrets
- Intensive training
- We will provide you with a database of salons and barbershops in your area complete with address, phone number, owner/managers name and the approximate number of employees for your marketing use.
- Ongoing technical support
- Ongoing sales support
- Home office support
- Business development advice
We will not try to control your business:
- There are no corporate visits to check up on you
- There are no advertising fees
- There are no royalties on your gross revenue.
All this at a fraction of what you would pay for a franchise license or the purchase of an operating business charging you a multiple of the net income of the business. There is one area I feel compelled to warn you about. There are other companies selling scissors sharpening machines. These machines are not able to restore scissors to factory new cutting condition. We hold the patent on the technology which allows you to outperform any other competition. Most offer a very limited training package. And none offer the complete business package you will receive from Diamond Rose Shears. Let me tell you a quick personal story. The Diamond Rose Superior Sharpening System came into being due to a set of circumstance that left me with a need for immediate income. I learned to sharpen scissors many years earlier, so I knew about the huge need for professional scissors sharpening. In my hour of need, I managed to put together enough money to purchase the most popular scissors sharpening machine. It uses the same technology I used forty years earlier. That machine is still the most popular because of its low price. I quickly discovered the design of hair cutting scissors had changed and the sharpening machine was causing damage to the scissors as I sharpened them. It was unacceptable to me, regardless of my desperate need for money to knowingly damage the scissors. I hired an engineering firm to build my design for meeting factory specs. If you want to earn an above average income without taking advantage of and damaging the scissors for hard working hair stylists and barbers, you will invest in yourself and the customers you will serve by understanding the value of quality. Our business package will provide you with the tools; we will provide you with the training. You provide the commitment to integrity and show concern for the wellbeing of your customers. It is all true, an investment of less than $25,000, a week of intensive training and your integrity coupled with consistent effort will provide the opportunity for an above average income. Call me today WL Laney at 855-WLLaney that is 855-955-2639.